Vincent Gray Academy is a community of persons existing to provide alternative education leading to a high school diploma.
VGA offers an opportunity for students to acquire academic skills, vocational experiences and spiritual development in an academic but informal atmosphere guided by Christian principles. We are also committed to helping students obtain the social traits necessary for them to maintain self esteem. Our students will function effectively as individuals who are self reliant and they will use their skills to improve their society.
Every student who is admitted to VGA is accepted as a potential candidate for receiving a high school diploma. We believe that every student who is willing to apply herself or himself is capable of succeeding at VGA . We believe that a student's previous history does not necessarily dictate how he or she will succeed at VGA . To promote this success VGA is committed to support services it deems necessary to help students to overcome obstacles to perseverance.
We also believe that every student who attends VGA will obtain skills to enrich their lives socially, educationally, and spiritually because of the accepting and caring nature of the VGA community.
VGA does not discriminate by gender, race, national origin, or creed.
- that every VGA student earn a high school diploma
- that each graduating student has a direction upon leaving VGA
- that each student of VGA be provided help in issues of self-identity and self-esteem
- that each student of VGA have access to significant, immediate help with day to day obstacles to attendance and perseverance
- that VGA students be assisted in obtaining necessary health care, both physical and mental